Service is available
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
The cost of a one-way trip is only $2.00!
This service is available to persons
with disabilities, Temporary Mobility
Transportation is available to and from anywhere in Athens County.
Drivers pickup "on-time window" will be 15 minutes before or after scheduled ride time. Please be ready. Drivers will wait for only 5 minutes. Service is curb-to-curb service. Drivers are not permitted to enter or accompany the rider into any facility or home. Walkways, pathways and ramps must be safe and clear of hazards, ice and snow.
Service is curb-to-curb unless door-to-door is requested and approved. If there is a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), someone to ride with you and assist you, please let the dispatcher know when you schedule the ride. PCAs are not charged a fee to ride.
No shows are when a passenger does not cancel and does not appear within the 5-minute window for pickup. Cancellations must be made 2 hours in advance by calling (740)597-2404. No-shows and late cancellations cause severe service delays to other passengers. Abuse will cause future ride requests to be denied.
Below is a list of days Athens On Demand Transit will not be in service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Monday, January 16th-Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 20th-President's Day
- Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4th - Independence Day
- Monday, September 4th - Labor Day
- October 27th- Agency Staff Day
- Friday, November 10th - Veterans' Day
- Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25th - Christmas
- Tuesday, December 26th- Christmas
- Monday, January 1st, 2018 - New Year's
- Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018- New Year's